Washing your walls can be an excellent way to give your bedroom a deep clean. However, there are several different ways that you should go about cleaning your walls depending on the type that you have.
Below, you can learn about the various solutions and best methods to leave your walls looking clean. Maintaining the cleanliness of bedroom walls can also help to improve the longevity of DIY paint jobs that you may have done.
Cleaning Solution For Walls With Paint
Most people’s bedrooms have walls that have been painted. There’s a great solution that you can use to thoroughly clean your painted walls without damaging them. It includes mixing 1 gallon of warm water with a quarter cup of baking soda, half a cup of vinegar, and 1 cup of ammonia.
Be sure to wear rubber gloves while dealing with this solution and keep the windows open to ventilate the room. Grab a sponge and dip it into the solution to apply to your walls. When you’ve finished washing your walls with the solution, use a separate sponge and dip it in water to rinse the walls clean.
Steps to Cleaning Your Walls
- The first step to cleaning your walls is to get rid of dust from your bedroom. This can be achieved by using a microfiber cloth to wipe the walls and surfaces in your room. To spend less time cleaning dust, you may want to think about using air purifiers for bedrooms.
Using a vacuum with an attachment that lets you reach areas on the wall that are higher up could also be another easy way to remove dust from your bedroom. Once you’ve cleaned your room from dust, you’re left with a great foundation to clean your walls.
- If your walls are painted, you can use the solution mentioned above to begin washing them with a sponge. Be sure to start from the bottom and work your way upwards. Be sure to go over the areas that have been cleaned a few times so that you can avoid leaving streaks.
- You may also want to wrap a dry cloth or sponge around your wrists so that it can soak up the water and prevent it from running down your arm while you’re reaching up. It’s also important to avoid soaking the sponge with too much water and cleaning solution as it makes the drying process longer.
- When it comes to getting rid of smudges from your walls, we recommend that you avoid using too much pressure. Instead, it’s best to gently scrub the smudge until it gradually comes off.
- If your walls are textured, it may lead to sponges tearing. In this case, it may be better to use nylon stockings to clean the walls. Nylon materials also don’t get caught as easily on textured walls to make the cleaning process easier.
Frequently Asked Questions
What should you use to clean vinyl wallcoverings with?
For vinyl wall coverings, combine 1 quart of water with half a cup of vinegar into a container. Use a sponge to dip into the solution and apply it to your walls. Be sure not to leave vinyl walls soaking with the solution because it can reach underneath the seams and cause damage.
Once you’ve applied the solution to the vinyl walls, rinse them by using a different sponge that has been dipped in clean water.
What’s the best way to clean metal tile walls?
Walls that have been made with metal tile materials are easy to clean by simply using a cloth to wipe across the surface. If the walls are extra dirty, you can dip the cloth in a mild cleaning solution and wipe it. A separate soft cloth can then be used to buff the walls and leave them looking new.
How to remove paint smell from your bedroom?
If you’ve just painted your bedroom, you’ll be dealing with the strong odors that can be left behind. Paint is considered to be a volatile organic compound that can cause harm to you and the people in your home.
Therefore, getting rid of paint fumes from your bedroom quickly is imperative for your health. Air purifiers can be effective machines for removing the toxic particles from your air which can also alleviate the smell.
You’ll also want to keep the room well ventilated by keeping the windows open. In addition to this, you can fill up numerous bowls with baking soda and leave them across the room. Baking soda is fantastic for absorbing strong odors and is surprisingly effective at minimizing strong smells caused by paint.
How can you remove stains from bedroom walls?
Getting rid of stains from bedroom walls can be tricky as some people end up making them worse. We recommend that you use a soft sponge that has been dampened slightly with water and dab the stain gently.
Sometimes, this can be enough to remove the stain. However, if this doesn’t work, try dipping a damp cloth in baking soda and scrub the stain gently. For most cases, baking soda and water are enough to remove the stain.
If the stain still remains, you’ll need to consider using a strong chemical solution. Be sure to test the solution on a small area of your wall before applying it to the stain to make sure it doesn’t cause damage or leave any marks.
When you’ve got rid of the stain, use a slightly damp sponge to remove any solution and dry the area with a dry cloth.
Be sure to implement the tips mentioned in this post to clean your walls thoroughly and without causing any damage. It’s important to consider the type of wall that you have in your bedroom before you begin so that you can make sure to use the right cleaning solutions and methods.
Remember to dust your bedroom before cleaning as it provides you with a better foundation to start washing with. Hopefully, you know feel more confident about how to clean your bedroom walls.