AirHonest is supported by its readers. We may earn an affiliate commission when you buy through our links. Thanks ❤️
With air purifiers, the price tag often correlates with space coverage: the more space a device can cover, the pricier it gets.
There are a few brands that have a way of offering powerful units at incredibly lower prices, though. Take Colzer, for instance. This is among a few other manufacturers that come in mind whenever we are recommending affordable air purifiers for large spaces.
While this brand has several other units under its belt, the Colzer BKJ33 is among the most popular colzer air purifiers – and for some good reasons.
Check Colzer BKJ33 Air Purifier on Amazon (Link Opens in a New Tab)
Colzer Air Purifier (BKJ33) Review “Best For” Awards:
- Homeowners with large spaces– this air purifier has a rated coverage capacity of 800 sq. ft. This makes it ideal for large living rooms, bedrooms, basements, and even offices.
- Those who want affordability without compromising quality– this unit still packs pretty much all the hallmarks of a great purifier, including a True HEPA filter, auto mode, sleep mode, and air quality sensor.
- People with asthma and allergies– the True HEPA and Activated Charcoal filter kit on this unit captures most air pollutants that trigger asthma attacks and allergies such as dust, dust mites, pollen, and mold spores.
- Pet owners with pet allergies– True HEPA and Activated Charcoal filters have excellent performance in removing pet dander, fur, and hair.
Assembly and Set up Review
This air purifier ships ready to start cleaning the air in your room. The only minor thing that you’ll need to do is remove the filtration kit from its wrappers and reinstall it.
Design and Construction Review
A glance at this air purifier’s design confirms that Colzer didn’t compromise aesthetics for affordability. This model boasts a sleek white body with a glossy finish. It has a tastefully neutral appearance that we expect to look great in most rooms.
Its construction materials mainly consist of hard plastics- of course, as one way of bringing the cost down. However, it feels sturdily built with no flimsy parts.
The Colzer air purifier uses the back-to-top airflow mechanism. The air-in vent and filtration kit are located at the back, while the grill at the top lets the cleaned air out.
Size, Weight, and Placement
This air purifier measures 16.5’’ (width) x 10’’ (depth) x 23.6’’ (height), and weighs 17.85 pounds. We wouldn’t call it the smallest air purifier in the world, but it’s also not the bulkiest.
The Colzer BJK33 is a floor air purifier. You could also place it on a slightly raised surface, especially if you are using it purposely for cigarette smoke and kitchen smells. The most important thing to remember when choosing its ideal location is to avoid placing it too close to other electronics such as TV, a stereo system, and microwaves. These products operate at the same wavelength and could easily interfere with each other.
3-Stage Air Filtration System Reviewed
This model works by sucking in air and making it pass through a series of filters where the contaminants are captured. A fan then pushes the purified air out into the room.
- Pre-filter– removes large air contaminants that could clog up the primary filtration kit easily. It also enables the subsequent filters to work at their maximum levels besides prolonging their lifespan.
- True HEPA (High-Efficiency Particulate Air) filter– this is a filter that has been certified to remove 99.97% of air contaminants that measure 0.3 microns. These include bacteria, viruses, mold spores, dust, dust mites, and pollen.
- Activated charcoal– this is charcoal that has been treated to boost its efficiency in removing smoke, gases, and Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs).
Controls and Special Operation Modes
The Colzer BKJ33 has a very intuitive control interface endowed with touch-sensitive buttons. This control panel isn’t as sophisticated as what you’ll find on pricier models. However, it has most of the features that probably top your must-have list.
Do you enjoy the convenience of scheduling the air purifier to run for a preset number of hours and then stop automatically? If so, this model has a timer function that lets you set it to run for 1, 2, 4, or even 8 hours.
Honestly, at its price tag, we didn’t expect to see auto mode and sleep mode. What makes it even more appealing is the built-in air quality sensor and a multi-color real-time air quality display around the power button.
Another critical feature that most high-end air purifiers don’t include is the child-lock functionality. This is especially useful if you don’t want your little ones to interfere with your preferred settings.
This air purifier has a coverage rating of 800 sq. ft. While this is quite impressive for an air purifier at this price range, don’t overlook its low CADR of 192 cfm.
CADR stands for Clean Air Delivery Rate. It shows how fast the purifier will clean the air in the room. These ratings range from 10 cfm for dust to 450 cfm for pollen- the higher the number, the faster the device can purify the air in a given room.
This air purifier’s CADR isn’t the highest, but it’s acceptable considering the price you are paying for this unit. All in all, keep in mind that it might take a little bit longer to purify large rooms.
This model uses 64 watts at the highest fan speed. To put this into perspective, running the Colzer at its highest speed setting for 8 hours would cost you roughly $23 in power bill per year.
The BKJ33 operates at noise levels of 28 dB at the lowest speed settings, and 65 dB at the highest fan speed setting. For reference, 28 dB is slightly quieter than a whisper, while 65 dB is marginally louder than your AC.
The only maintenance that this air purifier needs is the timely replacement of its filters using the Colzer BKJ-33 True HEPA air purifier kit. This kit is relatively inexpensive and lasts 3-6 months. As you replace the filter kit, remember to vacuum or wash the pre-filter under a faucet.
Warranty – An area that this manufacturer beats most brands today is on its 60-day money-back guarantee. Most brands today offer utmost 30 days. If you decide to keep the purifier, your purchase will then be covered by a 24-month warranty.
✔ Suitable for large spaces
✔ Has child lock function
✔ Low noise on sleep mode
✔ Positive smell removal feedback
✘ Has low CADR
✘ Has no remote/App control
✘ Bulky to move around
Colzer Air Purifier Review Verdict
As air purifiers become more of a necessity than a luxury, Colzer proves that you don’t need to spend so much on one. The BKJ33 is among the most affordable units on the market today. It also scores a lot of marks in terms of coverage, all while incorporating most of the essential operation modes.
If you are strapped for cash, yet you demand an air purifier with a wider space coverage, the Colzer BKJ33 is worth checking out.
Colzer BKJ33 Tips
- Don’t place it too close to electronics as this might cause wavelength interference.
- Place it close to the source of odors and smells for improved performance.
- Vacuum/clean the pre-filter every 2 weeks to increase its efficiency and prolong the True HEPA filter’s life.
- Leave some clearance on the sides and at the top for maximum airflow.
- Consider operating it on Auto to minimize power consumption.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes. The sleep mode turns off all the lights besides lowering the noise level.
No. However, it’s still relatively efficient in that it utilizes 65 watts at the highest fan speed.
This unit is 28 dB quiet at the lowest fan speed. Its medium level has what most people consider a white noise, and, therefore, great for bedroom. The highest fan speed is notably loud, though, at 65 dB but still manageable.
- Colzer Air Purifier (BKJ33) Review “Best For” Awards:
- Assembly and Set up Review
- Design and Construction Review
- Size, Weight, and Placement
- 3-Stage Air Filtration System Reviewed
- Controls and Special Operation Modes
- Performance Review
- Colzer Air Purifier Review Verdict
- Colzer BKJ33 Tips
- Frequently Asked Questions